Saturday, May 21, 2011

Fruit Gatherer

Ratan Tata and Work ethics
 I asked my daughter who belongs to quality domain in IT and working for a British firm to comment on Ratan Tata"s criticism of work ethics of British managers who "do not go the extra mile"
unlike Indians.When emergency meeting is scheduled at 5.00 pm "sorry I have my train to catch" is the usual excuse.

Pat came the reply from her:

"I don"t agree with Tata.Indians can slog day and night but that is not proof of their smartness.It is true that  they don"t mind giving up hobbies and recreation because in our environment these are optionals. Plus we,Indians , cut corners in quality,with every chance we get. Doing quality work in limited hours
is need of the hour than slave labour which is difficult to be trusted.

No comments:

Post a Comment